The YA Bookshelf's
2010 Top Ten
10. Candor by Pam Bachorz
9. Swoon by Nina Malkin
8. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
6. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
4. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
3. Matched by Ally Condie
2. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
** This book cured me of my aversion to any book set before 1900. Many thanks, Cassie.
1. Easy A
** My biggest regret this year was never getting to see It's Kind of A Funny Story. Gahh, the DVD release is soo far away!
10. "Private Affair" - The Virgins
9. "Stay with Me" - Breathe Electric
8. "The Time Is Right Now" - Rediscover
7. "On Top" - The Killers
6. "1901" - Phoenix
5. "Heartbreak on Vinyl" - Blake Lewis
4. "Ours" - The Bravery
3. "Saltwater Room" - Owl City
2. "Inside of You" - The Maine
1. "Dream This Dream" - Go Periscope
** this song is like aural happiness, puppies and rainbows, etc.
and, because there aren't that many good TV shows...
My 2010 Top Five
5. Gossip Girl (The CW)
4. Glee (FOX)
3. Misfits (E4)
2. Vampire Diaries (The CW)
1. Doctor Who
** I have nothing to say about this show other that if you have not seen it, see it. Now. Immediately. It will fill your life with joy and whimsy.
Gahh, so that's it. 2010 in a nutshell. Only few hours until a brand new decade starts! Fingers crossed that we don't get into any more wars, or fill the ocean with any more oil, or have to sit through ten more years of American Idol. (shudder). Anyway, happy New Year, dear readers. May the odds be ever in your favor in 2011!